Not a great time to travel it seems, I’ve so far been lucky, my son however is STILL waiting for a suitcase he ‘lost’ 3 weeks ago.
Delays ? Cancellations? Well those ARE happening, so take a fan, water, a teddy bear, sweeties and listen to ‘calming’ music while waiting for someone to tell you what’s going on.
Tomorrow I’m off again but THIS time I am taking some precautions, here is a list of a few of them.
- Attach labels to ALL your suitcases with the address you are going to, plus a tel number, the date and your email address. Put your OWN address on underneath for the return journey.
- Put the same details on a piece of paper INSIDE your suitcases, I’m told ‘they’ can open suitcases to look for addresses or contact numbers.
- Take photos of your luggage which saves time at the ‘lost property’ office.
- Put as much as you need (I plan for a week at least) in your hand luggage.
- My home is full of my granddaughter’s stickers so I look around for ones with First Class, Fragile, Club Class, Business Class, Don’t Lose or anything that attracts attention, but remember DON’T put any stickers on a suitcase with dangerous or threatening words.
- Take off all old labels and attach a brightly coloured ribbon on each handle.
- Strange or very bright coloured suitcases that don’t look too expensive (even if they are) but show up easily when searching through a pile of abandoned luggage could save time? I’m off… Wish me luck, I hope I don’t get lost.